- Balbhog :Energy Dense Micronutrient Fortified Extruded Blended Food (Balbhog) is provided as Take Home Ration (THR) to normal children 6 months to 3 years (7 packets per month, i.e. 3.5kg), severe underweight children 6m-3years (10 packets per month, i.e. 5 kg) and severe underweight children 3-6 years (4 packets per month i.e. 2kg) on Mamta Diwas. Each packet weighs 500 gms. The shelf life of these premixes is 4 months. It can be easily prepared by mixing it with hot milk or water. Approximately, 17.95 lakhs children in age of 6 months to 3 years, and 14.48 Lakh children of age 3 year to 6 years received Balbhog as Take Home Ration.
- Extruded Fortified Blended Premix :Dense Micronutrient Fortified Extruded Blended Take Home Ration (THR) like Sukhdi (1 packet of 1 kg per month), Sheera (3 packets of 500 gm each) and Upma (2 packets of 500 gm each) are provided to pregnant women, lactating mothers and adolescent girls. 7.74 lakhs pregnant and lactating mothers and 11.61 lakhs adolescent girls received THR in 2016 (as per the ICDS MPR).
- Demonstrative Feeding :With an aim to enhance and ensure the consumption of Supplementary Nutrition among children of 6months to 3 years and to provide age appropriate nutrition counselling to mothers, State Government has introduced demonstrative feeding for 6months to 3 years children. Demonstrative feeding is given to children of 6months to 3years at AWCs through their parent/guardians in morning timing 9:30am to 10:30am. Younger children 6months to 1 year are given ‘Raab’ (in semi liquid form) and older children 1-3 years are given ‘Sukhadi’ which is prepared by mixing jaggery to THR-Balbhog. The incentive of 25 paisa per child per day to AWW and AWH each is given for ensuring consumption of the demonstrative feeding and IFA syrup. In year 2015-16 the expenditure of Rs 38.25 crores have been spent for demonstrative feeding from state budget.
- Breakfast by SHGs: Hot cooked breakfast is provided through 49,423 MatruMandals and SakhiMandals,catering to14.48 lakhs children in the age group of 3-6 years.Matru Mandals and SakhiMandals are involved in the Supplementary Nutrition Program to promote community participation and in maintaining the quality of food. They prepare the supplementary food and provide to the beneficiaries at the Anganwadi centres six days a week at Anganwadi.
- Hot Cooked after noon Meal: 80 gram of freshly prepared hot cooked meal within limit of Rs 3 / day / beneficiary is prepared by AWW and AWHs and provided to 3 – 6 years children at the AWCs. In order to fortified meal with protein, tuver dal, chana etc are incorporated in cyclic menu of AWCs. The whole wheat, rice, oil is provided through Gujarat State Civil Supplies Corporation for preparation of the afternoon meal. Additionally, there is provision of money for addition of Bengal gram whole/Tuver dal, green leafy vegetables, groundnut/til, jiggery, spices etc. in the recipes for local purchase.
- Third Meal: Third Meal’ as ‘Carry Away Meal’ in form of laddu is given to moderate and severely underweight children among 3-6 years (yellow and red zone according to WHO Growth chart) in order to increase Calorie and Protein as SNP for weight gain among those children within the cost of Rs 3.00 per day per beneficiary. Third meal would have shelf-life of at-least two days so that child can consume at any time after going home. In the year 2015-16, expenditure of Rs. 44.28 crores has been made in the State Budget for providing an extra supplementary meal to all underweight children. Third Meal is prepared and provided through Gram Panchayat by selected Matru-Mandal / Self Help Group.
- Doodh Sanjeevani Yojna: The State has initiated ‘Doodh Sanjeevani Yojana’ in selected 10 Blocks of 6 Tribal districts, wherein, 100 ml fortified, flavored, double toned pasteurized milk is provided to children 3-6 years, twice a week (Tuesday and Friday). In the year 2015-16, this scheme is extended to 83 tribal blocks of 14 Tribal districts and 11 Vikas Sheel Talukas wherein, 100ml fortified, flavored, double toned pasteurized milk is provided to children of 6month to 3 years, 200ml milk to 3-6 years children, pregnant and lactating women at AWCs. In year 2016-17 the remaining 11 Vikas Sheel talukas have been covered under Doodh Sanjeevani yojna. Thus in year 2016-17 Doodh Sanjeevani yojna will be implemented in 83 Tribal Blocks of 50 Tribal Talukas and 22 Vikas Sheel Talukas through 16726 Angawadi centre wherein children among 6months to 6 years are provided 100ml flavoured milk 5 days in a week and 200ml flavoured milk twice week to Pregnant and lactating mothers. In Year 2016-17, total 1165757 beneficiaries were covered under Doodh Sanjeevani Yojna through 16170 Anganwadis centers. This initiative is being implemented with the help of Cooperative Dairies.
- Fruit through MatruMandal: Additionally the State Government is also providing fruits (seasonal) to 14.49 Lakh children in the age group of 3-6 years, twice a week (Monday and Thursday) at the Anganwadi centres. A provision of Rs.20/- per month per child is made under State budget.
- Sukhadi (THR): Approximately 19.35 Lakhs pregnant women, lactating mothers and adolescent girls are being provided freshly prepared ‘Sukhadi” (desi sweet prepared from Wheat flour, oil and jaggery) as Take Home Ration through MatruMandal and SakhiMandal.